I've almost finished the second draft of my thesis, which I have entitled: "Weeping Widows and Warrior Women: A Feminist Reading of Shakespeare's First Tetralogy." In case you are wondering, Shakespeare's histories are way better than his comedies. Spread the word and change the canon. I'm sure non-academics can do that...
Geoff and I are getting engaged soon after I move home and we've decided to get married before we move to Okinawa. I should probably note that we're seriously moving to Japan because his station changed. Most of you should already know both of these items. If not, I'm sorry and welcome to the loop. My flatmates are throwing me a hen party tomorrow and I am super excited. I'll be in Dallas from August 10-14, then I'll be back for four months starting in October since I can't follow Geoff to training. Any and all distractions from this sadness are more than welcome.
Now my weird dream that I can only vaguely organize:
I was at some small film festival in a large building with a small auditorium. This film festival morphed several times into a drama festival, but it had people I distinctly recognized as film actors, none of whom are real. It was some sort of combination, at any rate. So there was a poster for one movie that was a remake of something else but this time with a popular hot blonde drummer from an 80s band (think like Van Halen). I went into the auditorium and apparently crawled up into what appeared to be a small-ish corner cupboard like the one my grampa made for me. I had a book and some food up there, for whatever reason. There was a bit of a crowd, but not too much since it was a small room.
Then a live part came on and the blonde drummer and a robot ended up standing in the back of the auditorium watching until it was their turn to go on. I came on to both of them and the drummer seemed interested, but only in using me. That was not okay with me, so I was happy when he left. The robot who ended up being mostly human somehow (apparently it turned into a cyborg) was actually quite nice and I met up with him again for a romantic rendezvous during the show. Then everyone left and I waited for the next film to start so I could moodily be upset at the drummer and wish that he liked me. I think the cyborg wanted to help me make him jealous/get back at him for being a jerk. I believe at some point the cyborg who I think turned out to be human by this point was trying to help me land a voice acting gig for either that movie (yes, one that was supposedly already finished and appearing at a cult film festival) or a related one. Some jerk woman tried to not give me the chance because she didn't want the competition and I told her that if she's really better she has nothing to worry about. However, I was freaking awesome and sang like a nightingale. Sucks for that fictional lady.
The other somewhat related part was a musical theatre thing that was somewhat real-life-ish by the end of it, when I was apparently competing with another woman for the man character's affections. This went from being a musical to just a play to real-life. I keep thinking the other woman's name was Ariel and she may or may not have tried to tell the man she was pregnant. Also, we randomly ended up in front of the Alamo which had apparently combined with the actors' foot/handprints outside Groman's Chinese theater.
Basically I'm left with an odd feeling of me acting like kind of a tart but being bad at staying seductive, caught up in a disorienting combination of jealousy and shallow attraction that makes no sense. It has been four hours and I still want to go back to sleep and finish the dream. It should make sense but it can't! Stupid dream world defying logic!
By the way, apparently competing with another woman for a man's affection has apparently taken hold of my subconscious. I had a dream earlier this week that Geoff and I were married but he had another wife, too, and we all lived in the same house. The other woman kept trying to tell me that I was doing stuff Geoff didn't like and he wouldn't love me anymore, but he really loved me best and she was just being jealous and mean.
On a related note, Geoff keeps asking for whatever drugs I'm taking because he wants some.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.