The thirty or so minutes I have spent awake today have been somewhat exciting, already. Or rather, the fact that I have only been awake thirty or so minutes instead of my originally intended four or so hours is at least interesting. Yes, I meant to wake up around 8 am so I could shower, eat breakfast, and have enough time to fiddle with my sub-par map to find the theatre in George Square so I could attend the meeting for the College of Language, Literature, and Culture (of which I am a part) about which I was never informed. It seemed like a plan. It seemed: it was not. Alas, I am not a morning person and once again I found myself waking up only because I had a pre-arranged skype date with Geoff (to which he is now late--for shame).
I might still try to register today, but that sort of depends on how long we talk and if I decide I can wait yet another day for a phone. There is also a postgrad reception at Teviot (wherever that is) at 4:30 I might try to attend, although I could easily be persuaded to do the 5 pm coffee crawl instead. Let's be honest. Which is more vital to my survival: meeting more research nerds like myself who are hardly going to see the light of day once the semester begins (what little light of day I'm expecting later this fall), or finding all the best coffee houses? I'm glad you agree.
In case anyone is interested (although really it doesn't particularly matter since I'm writing whatever I feel like anyway), it was a little bit warmer last night. I still might buy a wool blanket today just in case, since it was basically unbearable a few nights ago. The severity of my illness/allergies is somewhere between that of the first day and yesterday, such that my throat is not sore, but I have a swollen lymph node and some drainage. NyQuil and DayQuil aren't working and Mucinex only marginally so, so I've decided it isn't a cold or the flu, which I suppose is good. I'm not dizzy like I was the first day, either, which I can assure you is a plus.
For everyone's benefit, I have seen it fit to announce that I do not endorse the purchase of crumpets. I have consumed four of them and each has been as oddly doughy and spongy as the last, such that even toasting them does little good to improve their texture. I'm sticking to English muffins and I highly suggest you do the same.
Rest assured there will eventually be a more interesting post than this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.