Hello, everyone. Here's a quick overview of the past few days:
Friday
I ended up actually waking up early because I had a mandatory library tour at 11 am that I didn't previously know I had. I managed to get lost even with a map (although at least I stumbled into a Starbucks on the way, which was the second cup of coffee I've had the whole time I've been here). However, it turns out I wasn't too lost since I was only a few yards from the library, anyway. Someone kindly pointed me toward it. I would never have assumed that was the library. It would look, as my literary pub crawl tour guide so aptly put, like a parking garage if you kicked out all the windows. Really most of the buildings in George Square are just hideous. They were all done in the 1960s. The inside is modern, which isn't my favorite, but it does have a lot of neat research and study amenities and a pretty well-stocked cafe. Always important.
After the tour, I registered with the health centre. They required that I see a nurse for my asthma, who was really no help at all and couldn't actually prescribe anything she said I should take. I honestly fail to see the point of that visit. I did, however, get a peak flow meter and chart, and a heaping helping of frustration because I couldn't actually set up a doctor's appointment. Oh no, I have to wait until all of the paperwork I filled out gets loaded onto a computer, so the earliest I can even go in to set up an appointment is tomorrow (Tuesday). It's not like I haven't already been sick for a week. Well, a week and a half by tomorrow. All I want are some anti-biotics! That's it!
Then I went to the freeshop, which ended up being basically looted by the time I got there. All that was left were a few broken glasses, a couple pot lids, and some dirty clothes. Mmm... So then I went back to the apartment and headed out to Princes street with Viola. Turns out Bhs (a local department store) was having a 20% off everything sale, so we headed over there. That is where I bought my extra-warm comforter. And it is indeed extra-warm. A good duck feather and down comforter, not the hollowfiber duvet the school had. Much, much nicer, and much, much warmer. I can actually wear cute things to sleep in instead of dressing like a nun.
Then it was curry night, so I got a heaping helping of free food and some left over. I should probably eat that today or tomorrow. It was really good, but I could hardly eat it since it was so spicy. My mouth hurt.
Okay, this isn't quite as quick as I thought it'd be, so I'll separate out the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.