Good news, all. I now have a skype-enabled phone so I can talk to my favorite Americans without paying exorbitant prices! This is dependent, of course, on you all using skype. However, if this is not a problem, we won't have a problem and I can chat/text for free. Get excited.
Acquiring this phone, however, was the only productive part of today. As was previously stated, I did not go to the postgraduate induction, and I did not end up going to register, nor did I go to the postgraduate reception. Alas. I did, however, spend some time with my Californian roommates and J and Ian, two of the three guys we met at the meet and greet. I also talked to Viola and Beth for a bit and met Beth's friend, Mitch. They invited me to go out to a pub, but I'm a bit tired. This, of course, will not keep me from staying up quite late, but at least I can relax in my room.
I had sausage and mash for dinner (a microwaveable basic from Sainsbury's). The mash was good, but the sausage left much to be desired. Not really sure what I'm going to do tonight, if anything. Might take a nap, might go to bed early, might try again to finish Cooking Dash (not Diner Dash; I'm afraid I miswrote before), might watch some tv...we'll see. Unfortunately, unless you want to hang out at a pub, the day is over by 6 pm here. It's great fun. Oh well. At least it's not too lonely. Winter will be a killer, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.